How to know if my hair needs a moisturizing or a nourishing treatment?
What you’ll learn:
- How to know if my hair needs a moisturizing or a nourishing treatment?
- Difference between a nourishing and a moisturizing treatment
- Why is water important for my hair routine?
- Why is oil important for my hair routine?
- Identifying if my hair needs water or oil.
- How to Maintain My Hair’s Health?
A complete hair routine consists of more than just shampoo and conditioner. Hair needs to be constantly replenished with three elements in order to be healthy: water, oil, and protein. These three elements are equally important for a complete hair routine. Nevertheless, one must identify the ideal combination and administration of each of them to obtain the ultimate results. Some hair types may require more water while others may require more oil. The ideal hair routine to follow depends mostly on the hair type, the level of damage, and the porosity of the strands.
Difference between a nourishing and a moisturizing treatment
The confusion is grounded in the way most hair care companies label or name their products in order to make them more attractive to a certain target market.
A treatment that moisturizes or hydrates the strands must have ingredients that help absorb and retain water. On the other hand, a treatment that replenishes the strands with oils, nourishes the strands and leaves them shiny and frizz-free.
Why is water important for my hair routine?
Water replenishment is what makes the hair feel softer, more bouncy, and more elastic. Water is essential for carrying vitamins and nurturing elements, and also very important to balance out the strands in case of a protein sensitivity. Hair has the ability to be moisturized by the water in the environment which is why it becomes frizzy in humid conditions as it absorbs water from the air.
Why is oil important for my hair routine?
Oil is the element that makes hair grow with a healthy shine. The natural oil produced by the scalp has the function of constantly nourishing the follicles, adding shine, and smoothing down the strands. Oil smooths down the cuticles to avoid micro-damage that is invisible to the eye but detrimental for healthy hair growth.
Identifying if my hair needs water or oil.
Learning what your hair really needs can be overwhelming at first. Look out for these signs:
- When the strands feel brittle and dry, your hair is in need of some water. The Moisture Treatment helps control the amount of water your hair absorbs and retains. Look for ingredients such as sugars, glycerine, and vitamin B5.
- When the strands lack shine and look dull, they need to be replenished with oil. The Nurture Treatment rebalances the oils and controls frizz. Generally speaking, thick hair needs more oil than fine hair.
How can I Maintain My Hair’s Health?
Hair needs a combination of both water and oil to be healthy. Follow a complete hair routine that replenishes the hair strands with water, oil and protein. This hair care method comes from Brazilian origins and is called the Cronograma Capilar. It has been shown to be super effective at bringing hair back to its healthiest state ever.
Complete this online test and receive your ideal hair routine. Download the app to receive notifications that let you know when and how to apply each Treatment mask and stay on top of your hair routine at all times.