How to take care of your hair during winter
I guess we are all looking forward to the summer, but the fact is, winter is not going anywhere anytime soon. But if we can make something shine – rather than just the snow, – make it be your hair.
It’s not really a surprise that the negative temperatures can be extremely harmful to your hair, causing lots of dryness, brittleness, and frizz. the good news is we’ve prepared an essential hair care survival guide for you.
Get ready to screenshot and save the tips below:
- Hydration is the way to go. Invest in hair treatment masks for a more effective result. Look for labels that contain ingredients like glycerine, aloe vera, sugar derivates, and run away from the nasties.
- Never go out with a wet or humid hair. Your hair can literally freeze and break!
- Avoid blow-drying your hair, but if you have to, always use protection – and again, don’t forget to check the ingredient list.
- Try protecting the hair by covering it as much as possible and style it in a way where it is not so exposed to the low temperatures frequently. Braids and buns are the best for the winter.
- I know it’s freezing outside and this is the last thing you want to do, but try finishing your shower with a hint of cold water to minimize frizz and maximize shine. It could be well worth it.
- Eat your way to healthy hair: avocado could play a whole new role in your life. It’s yummy and it’s also rich in Biotin – the hair growth vitamin – and contains almost “all the vitamins in the World” (A, C, D, E, K, and the B vitamins).